2006 pontiac g6 blower stopped working

Old 12-17-09, 06:47 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 pontiac g6 blower stopped working

Hi,
The car is a 2006 G6 3.5 ltr
the ac/heat controls only worked on 4 which was max since we got the vehicle, which now of course in the dead of winter it doesnt matter if you have it 1 2 3 4 on the fan none of them work now the ac unit has nothing to do with this, the blower motor stopped working all together - I was wondering if any had the same problem or if it was a recall, I checked the fuses they were all OK the relay seemed to click and work fine when i switched for the blower to come on through the controls, yet the unit would not blow on any selected number. If the fuses were fine and the relayed seemed to work is it a resistor or is the entire blower motor bad and needs to be replaced?

hope to hear from someone soon, Im from nj and my girlfriends car has no heat and its always below 32 out now. please help!

thank you
mathew

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-09, 07:28 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you have a volt meter, you could check to see if voltage is present at the blower terminals. If 12V is present there, check to see if blower motor has an open circuit by measuring the resistance of the blower. If resistance is infinite, blower is more than likely shot.