96 accord not getting any fuel, fuel gauge not working.

Old 12-30-09, 09:21 PM
96 accord not getting any fuel, fuel gauge not working.

My car will not start and I believe lack of fuel to be the culprit. The starter cranks but the engine won't turn over. I sprayed some starter fluid in the air intake and the engine started for a brief second.

I've removed the main fuel line from the fuel rail, tried to start the car, and no fuel comes out of the line.

The fuel gauge is not responding when I turn the ignition on. I've checked the fuses and they are fine.

what could be the problem? fuel sensor...fuel pump? both?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-09, 09:58 PM
Could be just for giggles I'd throw 5 gal of gas in first.Then while haveing somebody crank it hit the tank with a rubber mallet listening for a buzzing sound if none check your fuses, relay,fuel filt, if all check out or it fires up when hitting the tank you have a bad pump on your hands.While changing it you can test if the sender is bad or just the float messed up by moving the arm and watching the gauge if it works then you have a bad float if not then replace the sender as well(plugged in ing on). On that vehical you may not have the option to replace just the pump but have to do the whole asbly and willkill two birds with one stone.