94 honda accord oil leak

Old 01-05-10, 07:57 AM
94 honda accord oil leak

My daughter has 94 honda accord ex automatic with a 4cyl v tech motor. The car seems to be leaking a fair amount of oil. The oil appeared to be dipping off the trans axle on the drivers side where it goes into the transmission.So I put in a trans axle seal.Wrong, the oil was not red..Still leaks. I read hear that there might be a oil sending unit in the area.Does anyone know this is the case? Anyone have a picture of the back of the motor? It is real hard it see up there.At least I would know where to look.
THANKS Willey

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-10, 12:09 PM
Next I put on an oil sending unit.Still leaks. Looks like it drips where the trans axle seal is and off the transmission mount bracket right next to where the drivers trans axle goes in to the transmission.I took the air intake off to the air cleaner and looked from the top and can't tell where it is coming from. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks Willey

Old 01-05-10, 06:50 PM
Major amounts of oil?????.........Those engines had a bad habit of having the balance shaft seal walk out of the block........Make sure the oil isn't coming out of the timing belt area.......and mayme getting blown back on the trans????

Old 01-05-10, 07:09 PM
Might want to clean the engine real good, then it will be easy to tell when the oil is coming from.

Old 01-06-10, 02:01 PM
Thumbs up

It usually left 2 spots about 5 inches around.
I did the balance shaft update two years ago with 130,000 miles now the car has 156,000 miles.
Found oil leak. On the corner of the head, passenger side back facing firewall.It was the gasket for the cam sensor.At least that is what I think it's called.There are two wires going to it.

Beer 4U2
Thanks for looking Willey