2000 Toyota RAV4 - wet underlay

Old 01-20-10, 02:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2000 Toyota RAV4 - wet underlay

Hi guys,

I'm struggling with some really soaked underlay on a 2001 Toyota RAV4 on the driver's side. I can pull the carpet up except for around the foot rest to the left of the brake. It's a rectangular piece that appears to have to screws holding it in place. The screws are covered by some plastic plates to keep dirt out of the counter sink. For the life of me I can't get the plastic plates off to reveal the screws! Looks like they turn with a coin but they just go around and around.

If I can take the foot rest off, which is holding the carpet down in the top left corner, I can flit the carpet over, fully inspect the floor and let the underlay dry properly.

Thanks

Phil

Old 01-20-10, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Try using a screw driver and very lightly engage the piece while you turn. It could be a plastic screw and anchor type pushpin. If you apply any downward force at all while turning, they'll just spin.

Old 01-20-10, 04:27 PM
Thanks....I've found a thin putty knife works best to turn the cap but again even lightly turning with no downward pressure applied, it just spins. A frustrating little piece.

Old 01-20-10, 04:30 PM
B
Try sticking thin end of needle nose pliers under the thing and lever it upwards while unscrewing it with a screwdriver or similar.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: