2005 Astro Blower fan

Old 01-23-10, 08:41 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2005 Astro Blower fan

2005 Astro AWD Blower fan does not work at the high setting only. I have been searching online and came up with a resistor relay blower motor problem. Is this my problem?

is this an easy fix?

Thanks
Jim

Old 01-23-10, 11:59 AM
B
The blower motor resistor pack is a very common problem. And I don't think they cost too much. So I think that would be a good thing to try. (Could save a LOT of money if that is the problem!)

Another common problem associated with these is the electrical connectors are melted/damaged. Best to replace those as well if needed.

Otherwise if that does not solve the problem, some modern HVAC systems can be quite complex with a couple of different computer "boxes" and "computer signals" (square wave pulses) going from one box to another to control the fan speeds. Tied into a computer network, etc. And the problem could be anything.

If you understand electronic troubleshooting and how to use a multimeter, then you could get a factory service manual set which would come with the complete electrical diagrams for the vehicle (order from dealer).

This in addition to all the wiring diagrams would have a description of operation as to how the HVAC and associated electronics operates. And would have troubleshooting directions to determine what the specific problem was.

Or if the above does not work and you don't know electronic troubleshooting, then best to take to a dealer for repair.

Old 01-23-10, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
One note.....you mean its won't work at the high setting? But it will in any other setting?

IIRC normally for a bad resistor pack its just the opposite, only works on high. Could still be wiring related of course.

Old 01-23-10, 02:51 PM
J
Originally Posted by Gunguy45
One note.....you mean its won't work at the high setting? But it will in any other setting?

IIRC normally for a bad resistor pack its just the opposite, only works on high. Could still be wiring related of course.
High setting does not work. Low, med, med high, work great

Old 01-23-10, 03:38 PM
B
Following is a picture of a burned terminal on a connector for some unknown vehicle. This type of problem is common...
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/t...09170028-2.jpg

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: