1993 Toyota Corolla Door Ajar Light Problem

Old 01-27-10, 03:10 PM
Unhappy 1993 Toyota Corolla Door Ajar Light Problem

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla and I seem to be having a problem with my door ajar light. It seems to be draining my battery and when I close the doors the light just dims. I figure I have something that is faulty somewhere but I am not looking to replace anything because the car is so old. I tried pulling fuses till the light went out but I was not able to locate it. I just need the light off even if the solution means the light does not function. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-10, 08:49 PM
That light should be powered by the accessory circut if the ing is off it should not get any power,staying on even when the ing is off (if only dim) still means you have power bypassing the acc. circut and getting the bulb to be off more than likely won't stop the drain.My feeling on that is your alt may have a bad diode causing batt voltage to "bleed back" through the exciter side of the charging system(only has voltage to it when the ing is on) Have the alt tested even though it charges it may be the cause of this and other draws.
As for the light itself staying on probably just a bum door switch fairly straight foward and not to expensive a fix.Good Luck

Old 01-30-10, 05:39 PM
My mothers car is a 2001 Toyota Corolla and even on my mothers car even with the keys out of the ignition when the door is open that door light is on until it is shut. Do you know how to pull the switch so that I can pull the wires off the back of it?

Old 01-31-10, 01:09 AM
On the 93 its a door jam switch look for it and determine if its a close to activate or an open to activate could go either way if the switch opens to activate remove and tape off each wire seperately if close to activate tape the two wires together.
Good Luck