Chrysler 300 Tire Pressure Sensors

Old 01-28-10, 06:54 AM
Chrysler 300 Tire Pressure Sensors

I had to do a quick temporary replacement of a Tire Pressure Monitor fill valve on a 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited. Now of course the dash warning light is staying on. Is there a way to either override the dash warning light (remove the bulb?) Or re program the computer to just accept the signals from just the other three valves? How do these things work anyway? Radio signals?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-10, 05:22 PM
If this is a "Quick Temporary" fix as you say,, Why worry about tearing the dash apart for the bulb,, reprogramming the computer,, etc... When the tire gets fixed properly,, use the instructions in the owners manual to reset them,,, Roger

Old 01-28-10, 11:23 PM
I'm assuming due to the retail on the sensor being about 225 on that is the reason your asking ,you can get the sensor from a parts store for about 100 still have to have the tire dismounted to install it so add maybe 25.But to answer your questions no there is no reprograming the system to accept anything other than 4 signals and removing the bulb will only cause more problems(think its an led on that one)with the dash control module.Most TPMS use a radio frequency simlar to wireless internet and each tire has its own address so to speak. Probably shouldn't tell you but up here in the Pacific Northwest I have some customers that don't run TPMS wheels on their winter tires and just cover the area of the light with a piece of elect tape to remove that annoying light from their sight till the summer tires go back on.
Good Luck

Old 01-30-10, 05:04 PM
Tire Pressure Sensor

Looks like I don't really have a choice, as these low profile alloy rims that came on the car will bend if they run over a pop can and my wife likes to drive over medians rather than go a few more feet and turn. I am a little apprehensive about using an aftermarket part for this application, as I have not had much good luck (with those parts) in the past. I will get it back to original and pray....

Thanks for the replies!

Old 02-02-10, 03:40 PM
by "temporary replacement" i assume you mean the sensor shaft was broken off and a regular rubber one was popped in. 10 bucks says the local carwash was responsible.

well back on topic. as far as reprogramming goes, sorry buddy your out of luck. the only real way to fix it is to get a new sensor, have it installed, and re-learn your sensors to the vehicle. relearn process is fairly simple. if the tire store doesnt do it you can at home.

depress the emergency brake, switch the headlights from off to on for 3 cycles. I.E. off,on,off,on,off,on

you will hear a two horn chirps, now, start from the drivers front wheel and work clockwise. You are going to let the air out off the tire until the horn chirps again, then fill it up to the correct pressure that the door jam says. rinse and repeat.

good luck

Old 02-02-10, 06:41 PM
Tire Pressure Sensor

Actually, the guy who switched the tire from the bad rim to the other rim I had broke the sensor. I have a lead on a new sensor and will try to have better luck getting it installed on the "good" rim. The reprogramming sequence doesn't seem to bad. I have a big compressor in the garage to play with the refill etc. I really appreciate the reply. In the meantime, you wouldn't happen to have a torque specification for the oil drain plug on the Car's 3.5 litre v-6 would you? (2007 model year)

Thanks!

Old 02-02-10, 07:20 PM
for the drain plug just finger tighten and another half turn with a wrench will do just fine. just replace the gasket if needed.

Old 02-06-10, 04:32 PM
Tire Pressure Sensor

The new MOPAR tire pressure sensor is installed and the warning light is out. I discovered another problem when changing the oil. The damage to the rim was not the only damage she did to the car. The median she went over pushed one of the corners of the plastic air dam under the bumper up into the frame so hard that I cannot install the standard bolt that holds the plastic shield that protects the oil pan area from road trash, water, snow etc. (I had the system aligned) I can get away with a longer bolt to hold it together until I find a frame shop willing to put it back to original, but I cannot find the thread size that works in my standard tap and die kit, so I assume it is metric. The head of the bolt has an 8 and a 6 on it with a small circular design under it. What thread type and size did Chrysler use in this spot?

Old 02-06-10, 04:43 PM
The head marking probably represents the class and material of the bolt. If you want to learn more, this link explains things pretty well. If you don't get any specific answer to your question, why not drop by a body shop, especially if you can find one operating as part of a Chrysler Dealer. Their parts counter people may also be able to look up the DIN spec for you.

Bolt Depot - Bolt Grade Markings and Strength Chart