Hood question

Old 02-13-10, 08:25 AM
Cool Hood question

My daughter has a 2002 Chevy Cavalier. She hit a truck leaving school and messed her hood up pretty bad. She lives with her Mom & step-dad. He said he would replace her hood, but my daughter wants me to pay for the replacement hood.

Ballpark figure, how much money am I potentially looking at for a hood for her car?? Her step-dad will do the work, so I'll just be out the cost of the hood. I figure he will try a junk yard first, since that may be the cheapest route. She is getting married this June, and I am helping pay for the wedding, and I don't want to get ripped off paying for her car hood, being that I have no clue what a hood will cost.

Any estimates would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-10, 09:06 AM
If you Google the net you can find replacement hoods with primer for $100 to $150 for that car. The advantage of used is you might find the same color, and it would become a very fast exchange. Having a new replacement hood painted to the correct color will cost you more than the hood. Knowing what a primed hood costs, I would check around for a used color matching hood and see what is available, as this could end up available painted in the same ballpark or less as new primed.