86 izusu pup 1.9

Old 02-27-10, 09:37 AM
86 izusu pup 1.9

where is the dame pcv valve on this dame truck not on valve cover

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-10, 10:33 AM
That's a good question!

I was looking at a friends vehicle the other day and couldn't find a PCV valve on that either! (97 Ford Explorer.)

Service manuals have this information. For something like this, it should be in a 3rd party repair manual like Haynes or Chiltons. Many libraries have these and you can look at them for free.

And for sure diagrams of where everything is located on the vehicle would be in a factory service manual set which you can order from a dealer. These are sometimes 4 books to the set and 2000 pages total of repair information for one specific vehicle! But they cost about $150 for the set.

Anyway on newer vehicles, they will have 3 pages showing what is located where under the hood. There is so much stuff in there, they can't fit all the notes/arrows on one page!

Old 02-27-10, 07:27 PM
If memory serves on the front rh side (pass side) of the valve cover

Old 03-01-10, 04:19 AM
nope

its not anywhere i think that on v6 could it be on engine block because there is a blolt someone in the past might have screwed in that hole because the one it call for screws in but nothing but a pcv hose with no threds there no valve but i changed the carb and spark pluges and now it spits sputters and backfires and some black smoke but before i got the new carb it was dumping gas in oil somehow so i am going to change oil and if that does not fix it i am going to scrap it but it is and good truck and i love it paid 300dollers 2 years ago and carb was 369 dollers crazy but it might not have pcv could be egr i would love to get my truck going again cant find anything online about where it might be

Old 03-01-10, 10:20 PM
You got me puzzled now friend do you mean this has a V6 in it? If so somebody has put that in the 86 didn't come with one.Even double checked AllData and no V6 listed just two different gas 4 bangers and a dies. 4 banger and on the gas motor wo cali emission its in the block on the carb side in the front on the side w calli emission the rocker cover on the same side the side of the cover sorry I shoulda looked it up before my last post no excuses just dumb on my part sorry.Sounds like your on track with the bolt plugging a hole if its located in the place I described.If its a V6 I'd have to know what got put in there to give you a clue.
Good Luck