Town & Country elec. door sticking

Old 03-04-10, 05:41 PM
Town & Country elec. door sticking

Hi, I have a 2001 Chrysler T&C and have been workin with a problem with the passenger side rear electric door. It will not open but stops after it travels 3". Will not respond to close or open. Now, sometimes after I initially try to open door it will open. Very undependable. I've oiled the track and cleaned everything up around the track but to no avail.

Can anyone help.

Joe

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-10, 01:08 AM
Thats another of those indirect connection deals in 2000 the T&C and Grand Caravan switched to an RF sig to tell the door module what to do this tells the motor what to do and also uses a pinch sensor to stop the motor. Does the door function (close or open more) after setting for a while? If so you probably have a motor getting weak just like a power window goes out and comes to life again.If it only goes to the same spot and will close then the pinch sensor is the likely target.The door thinks something is blocking it and shuts the system down.The last is the module itself.You can try cleaning those contacts in the door jam with elect contact cleaner and see if this fixes it first. I have had some success doing this(aprox 60%)
Good Luck

Old 03-05-10, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestion about cleaning contacts on door. I'm not 100% if it works yet but did get it open and close a few times. I'll follow up later and give it a tumbs up or not.

Question: How do you disconnect the harness? I pull the latch out but cannot get the harness apart!

Old 03-05-10, 03:59 PM
If you look close at the harness connector you will see a red or blue lock tab on the connector you have to remove this (slides out with needle nose's) then you can push the release for the wiring to unplug it.
Good Luck