Chrysler 300 Console Cover

Old 03-06-10, 05:50 PM
Chrysler 300 Console Cover

2007 300 Limited. I need to remove the carpet that covers the transmission tunnel in the front seat of this car. The plastic cover that supports the console shift lever selections holds this carpet in place. The carpet could be removed with less probable damage by removing the above cover. Is this just snapped into place? I cannot see any screws holding it down. I can remove the chrome piece that snaps directly around the shift lever, but no luck with the black cover without exerting a lot more force. Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-10, 06:52 PM
The only sound advice I can suggest is to get a repair manual for your car.

But taking trim components apart in a way that will not mar any surfaces or break fasteners requires a small investment in automotive pry tools and a manual for instruction. Even if you aren't removing a full center console.
Amazon.com: Actron CP5011 Panel, Trim and Molding Removal Set: Automotive

At work, whenever we need to remove a center console, we remove both front seats for hassel proof access and damage control.

Old 03-06-10, 08:48 PM
Hope This helps you pulled the procedure from the 300 with a 5.7 non-srt
1. Apply the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position, apply the service brakes and place the gear selector lever into the Neutral position.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position and release the service brakes.

NOTE: For vehicles equipped with the optional Automatic Express Up power window feature, calibration of this feature is required whenever power to the door module is disrupted.
A battery reconnect procedure must be performed anytime the battery has been disconnected.

4. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
5. Remove the mat from the cubby bin at the front of the floor console.
6. Open the lid of the console rear bin and remove the mat from the rear bin.
7. Remove the two screws that secure the front of the console shifter bezel to the console.
8. Using a trim stick unsnap the console bezel from the console
9. Remove the shifter bezel from around the gear selector lever.

10. Remove the three 8 mm bolts from the rear bin that secure the console to the floor panel transmission tunnel.
11. Remove the two screws that secure the front of the console to the instrument panel.
12. Slide the console rearward far enough to access and disconnect the jumper wire connector from the accessory power outlet on the underside of the console.
13. If equipped, disconnect rear heated seat connector.
14. Remove the floor console from the vehicle.
So you will need a trim tool also or a small common screwdriver will do the trick you pull the whole shifter bezel not just the part covering the shifter itself.To get the carpets up you do have to have the seat removed from the side your working on.
Good Luck
Ps if you need the battery reconnect procedure let me know will forward it to you as well.
as to the carpets they are two sep. pieces and can be removed without removing the shifter from the floor there are 5 push plugs holding it down on each side you be able to see 2 of them pretty easy once the console is off

Old 03-07-10, 06:50 AM
Chrysler 300 Console

Thanks, and having that reconnect procedure will be a good idea to have. I keep vehicles a long time, and I know I will lose a battery along the way sometime even if I don't need to go that far this time! I don't need to completely remove the carpet, but I have to remove enough stuff to get at the cell pnone cover my wife shoved under it!

Have a great day!

Old 03-07-10, 10:14 PM
You will need to go to a shop with a scan tool if you have stability control on yours but here you go (if you don't have stab control this will do you) Of course if replacing connect the Pos connection first LOL I love Chys procedures they over look the obvious sometimes.

1. Connect the battery negative cable to the battery post and tighten the clamp nut.
2. Install the rear compartment floor trim panel.

CAUTION: Once the battery has been connected, review and perform the following information as applicable.

AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW

If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:

1. Turn the Ignition to the Run position.
2. Regardless of current window position, move the driver side front window upward until the window stalls in the full up position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 seconds before releasing the switch.
3. Move the driver side front window downward until the window stalls in the full down position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 seconds before releasing the switch.
4. Move the driver side front window upward until the window stalls in the full up position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 second before releasing the switch.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for the passenger side front window.
6. Verify the windows are properly calibrated by operating the express down and up features on the windows. Repeat this procedure if the calibration failed. If unable to properly calibrate after the second attempt , check the Driver's Door Module (DDM) and Passenger's Door Module (PDM) for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and correct as required.

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)

If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) within the Antilock Brake Module (ABM) needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration (initialization) using the scan tool anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for any length of time. If the SAS is not calibrated following battery reconnection, the ESP/BAS indicator lamp will flash continuously with no DTCs.

To calibrate (initialize), perform the following:

1. Position the front wheels straight ahead and center the steering wheel.
2. Connect the scan tool to the vehicle.
3. Follow the directions on the scan tool
I have a really cool tool that supplies voltage to keep memory alive to avoid these steps don't know if you can get one yet in parts stores (haven't looked) but being a shop I have scan tools and my laptop doubles as one as well.
Good Luck