Lumina OBD

Old 03-17-10, 02:22 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lumina OBD

Thank you all for your replies on my last post.
I checked the emission sticker & sure enough it said OBD1 the ALDL looks like OBD1. Now when I use to check these the A pin was top right the B pin next to it I would jump them two & get the codes.
I checked the ALDL again top row right A pin next to it nothing (where B pin should be) bottom row (ALDL) there is a pin under the A pin but not sure what it is.
There are a total of three pins every site I have seen shows the same ALDL the way I remember it A pin top right B pin next to it but no B pin here.
And I just don't want to jump pins so I really don't know what is going on? I mean if it is an OBD 1 the ALDL should have a b pin right next to the a pin?. I have no clue what the pin is under the A pin.
So now the code reader goes back up to $200.
I just can't understand it says OBD 1 the ALDL looks like an OBD 1 but there is no B pin?
If anyone can help me or knows what that pin is under the A please let me know?
I'm doing a lot of searching on the net but everything shows the b pin next to the a even on YOUTUBE!.
Thank you!
Will

Old 03-17-10, 02:44 PM
B
Well they make a simple device which does the pin shorting for you. And only around $27. Plus this should??? come with instructions and an explanation of what the codes are.

Good for you for not shorting anything if you were not sure!

Probably better to get the following device which says for most GM vehicles from 1982 to 1995. Might want to call and ask that your specific vehicle is covered...
Equus 3123 Equus CanOBD Code Readers

Contact information for the manufacturer of that product...
Equus Products, INC.

Old 03-17-10, 04:47 PM
G
Originally Posted by Bill190
Well they make a simple device which does the pin shorting for you. And only around $27. Plus this should??? come with instructions and an explanation of what the codes are.

Good for you for not shorting anything if you were not sure!

Probably better to get the following device which says for most GM vehicles from 1982 to 1995. Might want to call and ask that your specific vehicle is covered...
Equus 3123 Equus CanOBD Code Readers

Contact information for the manufacturer of that product...
Equus Products, INC.
Hi Bill,
Thank you for this information I went on the Equus site & downloaded the manual for the 3123 & it was to good to be true. 95 the only vehicle it will check is the Caprice 4.3L it went on to say that other GM's with the 12-16 pin ALDL uses a diffrent ECM so it will not work on them.
I have no idea why GM did this unless they were changing over. So if I decide on getting one it looks like $200. I really don't know if I can justify that yes I would love to have one I think it would come in real handy but the price & work being so slow.
I did find that vacuum hose that went to the fuel pressure regulator tore so I replaced it. Took the ECM fuse out to clear code or codes & am going to take her out for a drive & see.
I don't think I'll get that lucky but maybe.
Once again Thank you for your time!
Will,

Old 03-18-10, 04:54 PM
D
Actually I had a grand am that was a 94 but had the newer plug as you described... So bassically its still a OBD1 computer system but it has the connection of a OBD2. I had the same problem and couldnt just jump like I did on my previous cars... well Where I live I took to a general automovtive store such as a tire shop and asked if they could read it.. they couldnt but told me which shop that could... I found it and they read it for 40$... and I found my error code and was good to go. Otherwise if you want to buy the scanner.. A OBD2 scanner wont work unless it has the proper connection and says can scan a OBD1 system as well.. I couldnt only find 1 unit that would and it was online for about 200$.. wasnt worth it for me as I could just pay 40 to scan it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: