95 Crown Vic questions

Old 03-11-10, 03:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
95 Crown Vic questions

Hello! I recently bought a 95 Crown Vic. It is a Canadian model. In the owner's manual, it mentioned that the Canadian models have a block heater. I was wondering where the general location of it is.

Also, is a whistling noise coming from the engine compartment when it is cold. Is it anything to worry about?

Thank you much!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-10, 04:48 PM
Look for an electric cord coming out of a freeze plug. Freeze plugs are on the engine block, lower down than the engine head......a number of inches lower than the spark plugs. You should most likely easily be able to see that cord.

That one freeze plug was knocked out and a heater put in that hole. It heats up the water. Convection current carries the heat through the water. Probably the best type of engine heater.

Old 03-11-10, 08:18 PM
Ecman is right,, It should be on the left side but if it's never been used it may be hard to find.. When the car is on a hoist for an oil change,, It's easy to see & easy to follow the cord to where they have the end... You'r local Ford Dealer will have a T.S.B on the "Whistle" as it's the (I think) the PCV hose vibrating when the IAC is open & the engine is @ a fast idle... I repaired a Pile of them, but that was 10 years ago..LOL.. The dealer can help you with the repair kit... Roger

Old 03-12-10, 02:15 PM
Thank you much!! Oil change will probably be done in 2 weeks at the 3k mark after buying the car. When I have it on the floor jack, I will look for the cord. Don't really need it now unless winter makes a comeback since the lowa are around 40 degrees now.