1991 Chevy C1500 and 1992 Ford Tempo

Old 03-18-10, 11:39 PM
1991 Chevy C1500 and 1992 Ford Tempo

I have a 91 Chevy truck and the turn signal will not work on the Passenger side when the parking lights are on need help no mechanic has figure it out yet.

And i have a 92 ford tempo with power mirrors and i have replaced the switch and mirror and they still don't work what do i do

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-10, 04:19 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! I'll go basic and build on your answers. Have you checked the filament in the left bulb? Have you checked the voltage to both wires in the socket using the parking light on one and the turn signal on the other? Is there a dual element bulb in the socket?
Have you checked the breaker or fuse that controls the mirrors. Does either mirror work, or are both DOA?

Old 03-19-10, 10:03 AM
With the turn signal problem, be sure you have the correct factory part number bulb installed.

Try switching bulbs with the other side and see if the problem moves.

For the power mirror problem, check *all* fuses. Your owners manual should show locations of the fuses. How to test fuses...
Testing fuses Page

Test only one fuse at a time, then put it back where it was.

If the above does not solve your problem(s), then you would need a factory electrical diagrams manual which would be part of the factory service manual set of books ($150.00). Order from helminc.com

Also you would need a multimeter. The factory manual would have complete step by step troubleshooting instructions. Lots of reading, but this would lead you to the problem(s).

Old 03-20-10, 05:28 PM
turn light

Does the turn light work with the parking lights off? If so you have a bad ground in one of the lights.

Old 03-20-10, 08:07 PM
Retired wrench is right & the GM trucks were famous ( @ least in my area) for burning out the printed circuit it the tail light assy... If you have the proper power & grounds to the taillight,, you may need to replace the printed circuit the bulbs plug into..... As for the Tempo,, you'll have to tell us if you have power & ground to the switch.. Check the wires between the door & the body as it's common for them to break as the door opens & closes over the years... Good Luck.... Roger

Search this Thread