02 chevy 4x4 1500 auto transfer case

Old 03-24-10, 07:26 PM
02 chevy 4x4 1500 auto transfer case

was trying to tighten detent bolt on the bottom of transfer case , it had a small leak , snapped it off , it is made of alumi , my question is when i put the new bolt in with a new oring and the old spring and plastic tip do i just tighten this thing back up to the oring and just snug it up a bit , i did;nt move truck or start it since this bolt broke , so i should be good to go just putting it back in , or is there a adjustment to these things , , i circled the bolt i'm talking about , it on the left side half way down , thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-10, 01:00 AM
That shift pin detent bolt gets 13 ft lbs (not very much) if you don't gave a torque wrench that goes that low at least you know this much or maybe you can get your hands on one.All adjustment so to speak is in the spring.
Good Luck

Old 03-25-10, 01:26 AM
fix on detent spring bolt ,

thanks mm , new part will be in today , 13 lb, it will be , would'nt want to be snapping that thng again , Beer 4U2

Old 03-25-10, 07:36 PM
transfer case bolt

Originally Posted by Maniac Mechanic View Post
That shift pin detent bolt gets 13 ft lbs (not very much) if you don't gave a torque wrench that goes that low at least you know this much or maybe you can get your hands on one.All adjustment so to speak is in the spring.
Good Luck
got that bolt today and got it put in and i'm good to go on that problem , thanks for the input mm , it was a real load off my mind knowing the torque

Old 03-25-10, 07:57 PM
No problem glad it worked out for ya that could have gotten real costly real fast.I've had people try and move them w/o that in place wasn't pretty.