Change 04 Ford Explorer Flasher Relay

Old 03-31-10, 07:46 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Change 04 Ford Explorer Flasher Relay

The turn signal relay on my 2004 Lincoln Aviator (Ford Explorer) needs to be replaced. Apparently, the relays are all located on top of the fuse box under the driver side kick plate, so the whole fuse box needs to be removed to get at them. I didn't really see any screws holding the fuse box in place to get it out... any help on how this is all accomplished or is this not a do-it-yourself thing to change?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-10, 06:13 PM
What are you refering to to get the location of this relay?
Do you have a location description and diagram from your owners manual?

If this procedure is really necessary to gain access to this particular relay, then I'd look for squeeze tabs.

Old 04-03-10, 06:50 AM
B
In my experience, there are relays mounted ALL over the place in most vehicles. I have yet to see one where they were all mounted in one location (modern vehicles that is!).

You might try looking in the fuse section of your owner's manual. Maybe you will get lucky?

Anyway the only way I know for sure to find the right relay would be to use a factory service manual set of books, then the electrical diagrams sections in this set. You can order that from helminc.com

Electrical systems in modern vehicles are more complex than some of the first space ships to go into outer space. And if someone was repairing something on one of those, you would expect them to pull out the wiring diagrams. Same with modern vehicles.

Some factory wiring diagrams books can be 150 pages of just electrical diagrams! But these also show the location of each and every electrical part, each wire color for each circuit, and what each pin on every connector goes to, etc. (Very detailed!).