2004 Mercury Monterey Power Window

Old 04-07-10, 05:49 PM
Unhappy 2004 Mercury Monterey Power Window

I have a 2004 Mercury Monterey (Ford Windstar). The driver's window has stopped working. I can hear and feel the relay in the switch clicking when I press the rocker. Would this, in your opinion, mean the power window regulator be bad? Has anyone had experienced this issue? I hate to just throw parts at it. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-10, 05:58 AM
Try holding the button if it's down hold up, etc, while holding
button slam door shut, could be stuck.

Old 04-08-10, 07:56 AM
Check your fuses. The switch which powers a relay can be on one fuse, and the device the relay is powering on another fuse.

This is because a switch and a relay use very little power, but the things the relay powers like a window, headlights, A/C compressor, etc. will use a lot more power.

Your owner's manual should have information on fuses.

How to check fuses...
Testing fuses Page

Then if the fuses are good, check for voltage at the motor and troubleshoot from there. Might want to go to a wrecking yard and find the same vehicle, then see how the door comes apart.

Old 04-08-10, 11:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you hear it trying to work, you might find the cable is bound somewhere. That was the case on my 95 Crown Vic. A new regulator is about $50 at the auto parts store. Just be sure that when you are putting the window into the track of the new regulator that the plastic, NOT the metal is touching the glass when you rivet it in. If the metal is against the glass, you will need new glass.