94 T Bird Climate Control

Old 04-04-10, 11:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
94 T Bird Climate Control

My 94 T Bird has climate control. The fan works at times but cuts out in both auto and manual mode. Thought it might be a bad ground but all I could find under the hood I cleaned the connection. Seems the fan runs when wants to even when I need heat or cool. Any ideas out there?

Old 04-04-10, 07:35 PM
B
There is a lot of heat generated around vehicle blower motor resistors. It is common for the resistor pack to need replacement and/or the wiring to this to need to be repaired due to loose connections.

Perhaps you could search on the internet and find where the resistor pack is located.

Or try wiggling wires around the blower motor fan and see if you can get the problem to occur.

Otherwise a factory service manual set of books would have complete troubleshooting instructions. Order from helminc.com

Old 04-05-10, 05:01 PM
2 things come to mind...

1) Bill is on the money......If memory serves..Flip down the glovebox door.....you will find the resistor block bolted into the heater case just above the fan motor.

2) if Bill is a few cents off.......

Somewhere in the heater hoses will be a Heater control Valve/Fan Thermo switch. Climate control/ ATC prevents fan engagement until Warm coolant is available. Once again if memory serves...They were a constant problem, and easily checked with a paper clip across the "Connector end" terminals.

Old 04-05-10, 06:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the ideas guys. Pulled the glove box out removed the blower contol box. Checked connections and played around with it. Jummpered power and ground to fan while installed, no go. Removed fan and jumped to battery, runs good. Connected back to control box with fan on floor and it all runs great. Left hooked up with fan on the floor and will try latter.

Last edited by michaelshortt; 04-05-10 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-21-10, 08:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Replaced the fan and it is good to go. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: