Air Conditioing 2003 Alero

Old 04-19-10, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air Conditioing 2003 Alero

Sometimes it works for up to 1 week then it will start blowing hot air for a week or 2 then start working again.Was going to buy recharge kit but wanted to post here first to see if I figgered it right or am I wasting my money and would be better of taking it into a shop??

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-10, 04:55 PM
You could try a recharge kit. If nothing else, to get the pressure gauge on the fill kit to see if there is enough pressure in the system or not.

It could be anything though.

Old 04-20-10, 08:47 PM
Okay I bought kit It says to remove blue cap from low side service port, Stumped already.Can't find blue cap or low side service port.Anybody know where it is?

Old 04-21-10, 03:04 AM
Take it to a shop & see if they'll show you.. The high & low side pressures both should be checked when it's running to verify the charge level. To me it sounds like something else as if the charge was low you would never get cold air... Remember to be VERRY carefull because A/C systems can be dangerous, just getting some in your eyes if a leak starts can blind you in seconds... I really recommend A/C testing & repair be handled in a shop with trained Techs & the proper equipment.... Roger

Old 04-21-10, 02:34 PM
The low side will be larger and cold when running. And this tends to be between the firewall and the compressor.

The high side is smaller and hot/warm when the compressor is running. And would tend to be on the side going from the compressor to the metal fins in front of the radiator (called condenser). And from there on.

The fill kits you get in the auto parts stores should only fit on the low side. They should not fit on the high side. (Safety)