Help! 08 honda element recall

Old 04-26-10, 03:59 PM
Help! 08 honda element recall

just received recall for the bride's 08 element for soft or low brake pedal.air may enter VSA modulator ,may effect performance etc..dealer to install sealent and caps to repair.Anyone out there see this yet ?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-10, 04:53 PM
So are you worried about the wifes safety?

Honda Elements have a center parking brake that can be used as an emergency hand break. So if you're worried about her having to drive it until you can take it in, show her how to use it. You can control deceleration and come to a full stop using it while you hold down the lock button on the end.
Sounds silly but I showed my wife how to use it while I was driving. Since I do the brake service I want her to have backup!

But yeah it's pretty unbelievable to see that someone you love is driving a car that has a brake recall on it.

Old 04-26-10, 05:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have found that at low speeds, putting the vehicle into neutral when brakes are not acting the way they are supposed to helps. Not sure if this harms the transmission though.

Old 04-26-10, 05:42 PM
Look up Honda Vehicle Stability Control if you'd like information on what component is effected by the recall.

Search this Thread