A/C recharge for 2001 Buick LeSabre

Old 05-10-10, 09:56 AM
A/C recharge for 2001 Buick LeSabre

Hi all,
I have a question on how you re-charge the A/C refrigerant on a 2001 Buick LeSabre with 3.8L engine. In order to save a little time and money, my mechanic said what he would like for me to recharge the A/C with one of the kits that has the UV-dye in it so that I can bring it in immediately after doing it so that he could look at the system to see where any leaks might be.

My questions are:
1. How difficult is this; maybe a brief outline of how to do it?
2. What kind of refill kit with this UV-dye are available?
3. Do I need to ask for any special A/C connectors for the specific make/model of the car?
Thanks,
greynold99

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-10, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Find a new mechanic. You might spend $15 for the freon with dye...but you may be overcharging the system, if its working that could cause an issue. You would also need a gauge kit for the type of refrigerant ($40?). Yours is R134 I'm sure....

So you'll be out maybe $55 or so...and could cause a problem while doing the work. I can't imagine the A/C check at a good independent shop would run more than $75 or so? I could be way off..it's been a while since I had to have it done.

If you want to proceed...any auto parts store should have what you need. The basic instructions will be with the can or the gauge kit.