AC Problem with 1999 Buick lesabre

Old 05-11-10, 12:55 PM
AC Problem with 1999 Buick lesabre

HELP!!! My ac is blowing hot on the drivers side and cold on the passangers side......I think this happened right after my battery died and i got a jump but I didn't notice it until is got to be 93 outside....HELP PLEASE
Thanks
Twilla

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-10, 07:09 AM
Twilla

I'm also having A/C problems with a 2001 Buick LeSabre but get no cooling whatsover.
However, seems like I just heard a Car Talk segment where they talked about the internal duct diverters for the A/C and heater not working resulting in the situation you describe.
Sounds like the one side getting heat has a stuck diverter gate in the ducting. As I remember, there are vacuum lines that control those gate valves and if you're lucky maybe one of those has gotten disconnected.

I don't know how you get to it since a lot of the ducting in my Buick is hidden - meaning a real expense to get to if you have to remove the dash, but you might try looking up from underneath just to check if you can see anything
greynold99

Old 05-12-10, 10:10 PM
Buick heater

Twilla does your car have the dual climate control? Is there controls on the pass door? If so they might have gotten messed up try playing with them. About all the heater controls anymore are electric and you better be a serious DIYer to tackel them.

Old 05-18-10, 06:12 AM
It's probably a failed motor on the door that's blowing hot. If you pull the trouble codes, you'll probably have an HVAC code (HVAC codes won't set the Service Engine Soon light, but they're waiting there for you). The stealer can try to recalibrate the doors, but they'll probably tell you that the one in question isn't reacting properly. Some of them are really hard to get at (i.e., require dashboard removal), some aren't. It could be a DIY job - check the service manual to see what you're in for.