front right wheel will not spin`

Old 05-22-10, 02:31 PM
front right wheel will not spin`

1992 pathfinder se. was stuck in 4 wheel , is out now . I think, light is off. ABS Light is on. sat over winter in snow. took wheel off of hub, rotor and caliper rusted. hub still not rotating after lubricating with wd40 and banging with sledge. tempted to change caliper and rotor but not sure of issue since abs light is on and do not want to spend $ since will be giving vehicle away once it can be mobile. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-10, 08:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I am nowhere near an expert when it comes to cars, but how is that wheel bearing? You might just be able to lubricate it to get the wheel spinning again. GOOD LUCK

Old 05-23-10, 08:38 AM
I also am no expert but it really sounds brake/caliper related. Did you try pulling off the calper? Perhaps the pads have somehow attached themselves to the rotor, or something else is going on with the brake lines. This is where I would start first at least. Can you pull open the caliper, or pull it completely off?

Old 05-23-10, 04:07 PM
Take a screwdriver (big) between the piston and the rotor and force back the piston. If you can not move the piston back then you have found your problem. If you can force the piston back then the rotor should move .