2003 Van spudders

Old 06-03-10, 03:47 PM
2003 Van spudders

Hello
I have a 2003 GMC Savana 3500 6.0 gas w/ac ..1ton

Just recently the van has been acting up,but not on a regluar basis...Heres what happens...Most of the time it occurs after starting the van and trying to drive...the van studders as if the fuel pump was not working properly...under load the van will not go..it justs putters..if I put it in neutral it will rev up when the gas pedal is pressed,but if I put it back in drive it just spudders as if theres no power...while coasting if I put it in neutral turn the van off,,,restart it....most of the time It will drive with no problems...this happens at random times but becoming more frequent..engine light blinks(no code,jus blinks non stop) when this problem occurs and jus lately the oil light turns on..but when the van does not have the problem..no service lights appear The van has 142,000 miles on it..This is a work vechicle and service stration is unsure of the problem cause no engine light is on....Thanks for any help
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by krbdy; 06-03-10 at 05:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-10, 05:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by krbdy View Post
Hello
I have a 2003 GMC Savana 3500 6.0 gas w/ac ..1ton

..engine light blinks(no code,jus blinks non stop) when this problem occurs ............service stration is unsure of the problem cause no engine light is on....
??????????*****************************

Old 06-03-10, 06:14 PM
Blinking engine light indicates a cylinder misfire. Take it to Autozone to have the codes read. If it's blinking it's throwing a misfire code. That can cause your catalytic converter to self destruct, as well as the engine itself. It could be failing coil packs, failing plugs, failing plug wires, could be something in the computer. Have the computer scanned at Autozone and they can usually narrow it down to which cylinder it is for the misfire.

Old 06-03-10, 09:57 PM
I also have a lifter tick that started last fall...everyone has told me to leave it be.....could this be part of the possible cylinder misfire.....also...can autozone read the code if its not blinking at the time I go there...like I said,this happens at random times and the light only blinks when the problem occurs...
Thanks

Old 06-03-10, 10:17 PM
I believe that autozone can read it even though the light isn't blinking. They did with my friends car that did the same thing. As far as lifter tick goes, that wouldn't have anything to do with a random misfire I wouldn't think at least, although crazier things have happened. You can try some MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) in the crankcase or Seafoam. I used to use MMO all the time, and it actually helped my 89 Dakota with lifter tick.

Old 06-13-10, 02:33 AM
You have a misfire that exceed Federal standards and that could cause damage to the catalytic converter, you could have a ignition related issue, fuel injector concern or just a plugged up exhaust system such a catalytic converter. Your best bet would be to read trouble codes such as P0300 for random misfire detected, P0200 for fuel injector ckt malfuction or p0101 for maf performance since your engine can't breathe right due to a plugged up exhaust, post back with your DTC ( diagnostic trouble codes)...