99 Honda Civic alarm doing random things

Old 06-07-10, 09:32 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
99 Honda Civic alarm doing random things

Somethings definitly wrong with my alarm system. Its a 99 Honda civic ex. It started probably 6 days ago. The remote on my keychain would no longer unlock the door and disable the alarm. I noticed if I was standing next to the door and pressed the lock/engage alarm button first it would immediatly lock/engage, and then and only then was I able to immediatly press unlock/disengase alarm and it would finally work. I changed the battery in my remote but that did nothing. Then my car started randomly beeping in peoples driveways. Maybe once or twice. Then several times in a row. Maybe 8 times in a row. Its pretty embaressing when your cars being obnoxious and you can't do anything about it. I noticed the red light on my remote lights up each time the car randomly beeps, and I've found the only way to get it to stop is to open one of the doors and leave it opened . Yesterday was the newest strange event. I pulled up to the hardware store, turned off my car, opened the door, and the alarm went off! It happened a few times and the only way to shut the alarm off is to hit the lock button first then the unlock button. The unlock button dosn't do anything unless I press lock immediatly before it and I am standing right next to the car. What is my car trying to tell me?!?!?! Thank you so much, I would really appreciate it if I could get this problem resolved.

Old 06-07-10, 11:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Too bad it is very hard to disconnnect a factory alarm system.

Old 06-07-10, 08:14 PM
Is this a Factory alarm??? If it is the Dealer can tell you with a 5 min scan what switch is activating it... If it's aftermarket alarm,, Tear it out of there as it's not worth the space under the dash it takes,,,, Just my thought from 20+ years in auto repair.... Roger

Old 06-07-10, 09:52 PM
S
Can I just pull a fuse and disconnect it?

Old 06-08-10, 04:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I highly doubt that would be the case because that would make it too easy fo rcar thieves to disconnnect the alarm system.

Old 06-08-10, 08:20 PM
>>IS THIS A FACTORY ALARM??? If it is the Dealer can tell you with a 5 min scan what switch is activating it... If it's aftermarket alarm,, Tear it out of there as it's not worth the space under the dash it takes,,,, Just my thought from 20+ years in auto repair.... Roger

Old 06-09-10, 08:44 PM
S
Ooops, I'm sorry. Yea it is a factory alarm. How much would the dealer charge to scan my alarm? Or is it a freebie?

Old 06-10-10, 08:23 PM
I would call the dealer & ask about a price... I'm sure your out of warranty by now, but if your a regular customer & talk nice, who knows... Most every place has a minimum charge, so call & ask... Roger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: