2000 Limited Tahoe-No heat in the seat

Old 06-12-10, 03:07 PM
2000 Limited Tahoe-No heat in the seat

Does anyone know how to repair the seat heater on the drivers side? The passengers seat works but not the drivers seat. Does'nt the fuse control both seats? Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-10, 10:01 PM
Check the resistance thru the heating element... It's probably burned out & needs replacing... Roger

Old 06-13-10, 02:30 AM
Both heating seat elements are controlled by the memory seat module, the most likely reason why the driver's side isn't working is because of high resisitance in either the seat cushion or seat back heating elements, they are replaced with taped-over the original replacement heated elements, you do have to peel the seat back and cushion seat cloth or leather to gain access. I would check the resistance by disconnecting the green connectors in the seats or at the memory seat module connector, just remember you will have a thermistor also that will read kilo-ohms normally, your best bet would probably change them both, since you are removing the seat anyways... good luck.

Old 06-16-10, 07:31 AM
Thanx so much for the info. Sounds like a job....I won't need it so quite some time but need to be ready for the weather further down the road.

Old 06-17-10, 06:50 AM
Thank-u for the info. It can wait some time but I need to get it ready for the months ahead.