2001 S-10 Blazer Starting Issue.

Old 06-24-10, 09:25 AM
2001 S-10 Blazer Starting Issue.

2001 S-10 Blazer
4.3l V-6

I have an issue that began a while back to where when you 1st go to start it after it's been sitting it would take several tries before it would start. Once started it runs great and usually have no problem re-starting unless it sits for several hours. I did a complete tune up "plugs, wires, dist cap, rotar button, fuel filter, pcv valve". Seemed to help but it's back and just as bad if not worse. Seems to have adequit fuel pressure....I'm at a loss.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-10, 11:41 AM
It could be a bad check valve in the pump allowing fuel to drain back out of the fuel rail after sitting, or it could be a leaky injector allowing fuel to leak into the cylinder after you shut it down. Hook a fuel pressure gauge up to it, start the engine, record what it says, then shut the engine off and leave the pressure gauge hooked up to it for several hours and see if it loses pressure. If it does there is a leak letting fuel either drain back to the tank, or letting it leak into a cylinder

Old 06-24-10, 12:10 PM
Cool I'll do that. Where is the check valve located. It has a newer "2-3 years old" fuel pump in it.

Old 06-24-10, 12:43 PM
I "think" and I use the term "think" loosely because thinking can be dangerous, but anyway, off hand I think it's in the pump itself.

Old 07-20-10, 12:27 PM
Fuel pump was going out. Replaced it and back on the road. Thanks for the help.