2003 Honda Odyssey A/C problem

Old 07-03-10, 06:48 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2003 Honda Odyssey A/C problem

Had the AC in my wife's ODyssey stop working all of a sudden this evening. It was working very well I turned it down and it basically stopped blowing cold air. This odyssey has "Auto" climate control. If I have this set to auto there is nothing, if I put it to full there is air, not cold, just moving air. Anywhere in between, nothing. It's the same with the auto. I can turn the air all the way down and nothing at all. Not sure if my problem may be freon, 130K miles never been charged. Or if it may be the thermostat or the compressor (man I hope it's not the compressor).

Thanks for any help!
Mike

Old 07-03-10, 08:34 PM
T
Sorry if my post had confused anyone as to my problem. I have tried to clarify it below.

This evening the AC was working just fine. I turned it down b/c the wife was getting cold. When I turned it down, it basically went off.

Here's what I know.

When I set the temperature to 60 (lowest) or 90 (I think thats the hottest) and have the "flow" control set to Auto I get a delayed start of the air - takes about 5-10 seconds to start flowing. At 60 it's warm air, not cold. At 90 it's hot air - heated.

If I move the temp controller anywhere between 60 and 90 with the other knob at Auto I do not get any air at all.

Moving on to the other way I tested. If I move the flow controller off Auto I get no air until the controller is to the full setting. At this point it's like I said above - at 60 warm air, not cold moving higher it becomes hot - heated.

I can turn on the rear air, however, I do not know if it is blowing cold air. But no matter where I set it (1st, 2nd, or 3rd setting) I do have air blowing.

Mike

Old 07-04-10, 11:00 AM
B
Try it again today and see if it works. A/C systems can freeze up. Might work after it thawed out.

Also reread the owner's manual A/C section and try the non-auto mode. Be sure it is not in some weird mode which might be mentioned in the operating instructions.

Have refrigerant pressures checked.

If that does not work, try removing a battery terminal for 10 minutes, then reconnect. Then turn on ignition and don't touch anything in the vehicle for 1 minute. Then start and see if it works. This "reboots" the computers.

Old 07-06-10, 08:07 PM
B
There is a video on youtube called diy transistor assembly #1. It sounds like that could be the problem you are having.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: