2000 Expedition Spark Plug Replacement

Old 07-15-10, 01:18 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2000 Expedition Spark Plug Replacement

Decided to do a quick change of plugs on 2000 Ford Expedition w/ 5.4 L Triton Engine. Wow. Any great tips on how to get these plugs out...and new ones in of course? Appreciate any insight.

Old 07-15-10, 08:25 PM
N
Exclamation

ain't gona be no picnic!!
a 5.4 should be coil on plug eng.
will need a fancy 7mm swivell socket to get a couple of the coil bolts off.
need to use compressed air to 'blow out' the spark plug holes-before trying to remove plugs.
not absolutly necessary- but there is a plug socket 'made for these engines'-(about 8" long)
reinstall plugs -1st with the aid of a piece of 3/8" rubber hose-slipped over the top -to use as a handle -to 'start' the threads.
NOTE!! the plugs MUST be torqued to the required spec-
OR - IT will work loose & blow out-taking the threads in the cyl head with it!!!

Old 07-15-10, 08:36 PM
N
Originally Posted by xuehuai S
Haoobuy.com is a professional helpbuy agent located in Beijing China.It aims to help those people from abroad who are going to purchase from online shops in China,It acts as a middle person between the buyer and the online sellers.For all the local online shopping websites in China,there is no English version,no direct payment method internationally .These two gaps make Haoobuy founded.It provides service of free translating,help-buying, cheaper international shipping and accepting payment from overseas for foreign friends. It benefits from commission.After the last three decades of developing( from when the opening -policy was imposed in1978),China now has been tured to be the world's factory(due to the low labour cost,low material cost,and stable economy).Any product you are in need of,it is always available from China.And for any product available in China,it is definitely that you can find it from the chinese online B2C websites with a definite low price.The several biggest online B2C websites in China are listed in the left column,you can just click to connect.Now what are you waiting for? Let's go shopping online from China !! Haoobuy says.
WHERE IS ALL THIS 'SPAM' COMING FROM -LATELY??
HELP-MOD'S
thanks
mike

Old 07-15-10, 08:40 PM
N
Originally Posted by xuehuai S
it is a good service agent!
this is 'SPAM'!!
should not be here!!

Old 07-16-10, 07:09 AM
J
Well, you are absoutely right. This is no picnic. I changed the front 2 plugs last night....took me well over an hour. Had to remove a bunch of stuff just to be able to SEE the darn coil and plug. Think it only gets harder as I move back to other plugs. Looks like I will have to get the swivel you talk about and will have to remove some metal fuel tubing (don't know what its called). Good tip on blowing out the holes. I actually sucked them out with shop vac after took the coil off the plugs. I didn't have a torque wrench handy, but you scared me so when I go back in tonight to finish up I will have my friend's wrench handy. Any idea what the torque spec is? I couldn't find it in my "stuff." Wish I had a video of a contortionist getting to the back plugs to see how the heck it is done right!!!

Old 07-16-10, 08:28 AM
N
don not need to remove 'fuel rails'-(might leak if you do)-tht is where the svivel socket comes in.
look at autozone.com/regester-etc/-they have an online manual-with some spec's!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: