Problem with auto trans-and solution

Old 07-15-10, 06:36 PM
Problem with auto trans-and solution

Yesterday I had a problem with a 2000 CRV, first time encountered this. After starting vehicle, shift lever on column would not move from park. Turned out to be a 15 amp fuse (under the hood in this model) that was in the brake light circuit. Since the brake lights were not coming on, the locking mechanism did not unlock as it "thought" the brake pedal was not being depressed. I found the answer on another site but I wanted to post this for anone else who might run into this.Beer 4U2

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-10, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by disabilityguy View Post
Yesterday I had a problem with a 2000 CRV, first time encountered this. After starting vehicle, shift lever on column would not move from park. Turned out to be a 15 amp fuse (under the hood in this model) that was in the brake light circuit. Since the brake lights were not coming on, the locking mechanism did not unlock as it "thought" the brake pedal was not being depressed. I found the answer on another site but I wanted to post this for anone else who might run into this.Beer 4U2
alot of times - this is caused by a power point / cig lighter socket-that is shorted (by a faulty device) -that 'pops' the fuse.

Old 07-16-10, 07:42 PM
What made the fuse open?? Do you have a bad bulb that intermittently shorts?

Old 12-26-10, 06:13 PM
Late response to 2 granddaughters

Sorry for the late response, this site used to send a notice to my e-mail; hopefully it will send one to yours.
No good answer to cause of short in taillight; I thought I saw a pinhole in a wire on the harness behind the right taillight. I cut that and crimped the wires together with a heat shrinkable plastic link, problem continued. It stopped around the end of July and has not recurred. Out of sight, out of mind.