Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ford e150 van

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

12-06-00, 12:01 PM   #1  
Ford 95E-150 van been sitting up six months. went to start battery dead ,replaced, now van will crank but wont start what happen ? sounds like no gas getting to it. 1/2 full tank.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-06-00, 05:40 PM   #2  
0patience
First thing I would do is change the fuel filter and see what the fuel looks like that comes out of it.
Caution:relieve pressure from fuel system before disconnecting fuel filter
Then if the fuel quality looks Ok and it still doesn't want to start,then check fuel pressure and see if the fuel pressure is good.But be sure that spark and compression are good.

Visiting Guest

07-04-02, 03:51 PM   #3  
1REDEITY
FIRING ORDER? OF SPARK PLUG WIRES, ON DISTRIBUTOR CAP RIGHT LOCATIONS?

I NEED ASSISTANCE COULD ANYONE WITH FORD E-150 THAT HAS MANUAL ON FORD E-150 ASSIST WITH IGNITION SYSTEM PICTURES, AND MANUAL INFORMATION ON, ALSO FIRING ORDER OF 1978 E-150 W/351 ENGINE AND CORRECT LOCATION TO PUT SPARK PLUG WIRES ON DISTRIBUTOR? E-MAIL INFORMATION PLEASE TO : [email protected]

Visiting Guest

07-05-02, 05:48 AM   #4  
Joe_F
I suggest you pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual from your parts store or local library, as they have the firing order photo in there and a picture's worth a thousand words.

Also, typically the firing order is on the manifold or emission sticker. Most caps are marked with #1. Find the direction of rotation and then just follow the firing order matching the wires from the cap in order to the proper cylinder (which are also marked on each respective cylinder as well).

For the later E150, you can check the autolibrary.org link I have below in my signature file.

Visiting Guest

07-06-02, 02:22 PM   #5  
waterhead

The firing order on the motor is passenger side 1234 on driver side is 5678.On the distributor is you should have a 1 on it and counter clockwise 13726548. hope that helps

Search this Thread