Cavalier no start

Old 08-02-10, 11:28 PM
Cavalier no start

i am fighting this same problem on my 98 cavalier so far my power pack no power to any of them so i was told to check the crank postion sensor so i pulled it out and tested it with a ohm meter all checked out good or so they said.. so it is leading to the power pacs would any body agree to this

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 08-03-10 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-10, 09:37 AM
Group Moderator
Moved your post to a fresh thread, tbird.

I don't think you have the same problem as the one in the thread you initially posted in. The Toyota was a no crank; from your description yours cranks over but won't fire?

Old 08-08-10, 10:33 AM
Could be the ignition module. I had a problem with my Grand Am where it would stall out while driving and crank but no start until it cooled down for about 30 min. The little wire in the crank sensor was broken and the heat would expand the wire enough to break the circuit.

Replaced the sensor and all is good. Do you have no spark or no power to the module? If you are going to pull the module, replace the sensor..I believe it's attached tothe back of the module...could be wrong.

If it is, and still a no start, then have the module checked. Does this particular vehicle have a low oil pressure safety?