Advice on replacing 3rd row seat belts, 2011 Honda Pilot.

Old 08-13-10, 01:19 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Advice on replacing 3rd row seat belts, 2011 Honda Pilot.

My dog chewed through the 2 third-row seat belts on my 2011 Honda Pilot. The dealer wants $1,000 to replace them!

I thought I'd try it myself, but I've never done that repair before. Any advice from anyone who has tried this type of repair before?

Thanks,
Guy

Old 08-13-10, 01:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I've never replaced any seat belts on something that new but on the older vehicles - most are just bolted to a strong spot on the body. Can you investigate and see how they are attached? Can you get a price on just the belts? Being that new I doubt you could find any in a junk yard unless there are older models that have the same set up.

Have you talked to your insurance agent? maybe comprehensive will pay [minus deductible]

Old 08-13-10, 04:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Basically any rear seat, seat belt from any vehicle will do. The first thing is to go to a junk yard to get the belt (or belts). Now remove the seat and back-rest from your “Pilot”. The retainer bolt holding the belts is most likely a 15mm to 25mm torx bolt. If the bolts don’t fit through the holes in the belts you got from the junk yard then simply enlarge the holes a little. If the holes are too large then use washers.

Old 08-13-10, 06:51 PM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
bummer. seat belt restraining systems are lifetime warranty on any vehicle. except apparent "mechanical" damage. what did u have on those belts to make dog chew them up so bad?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: