04 trailblazer

Old 08-14-10, 05:01 AM
04 trailblazer

My radio in my 04 trailblazer is not working properly. The front speakers work but the back speakers are not. Some times they go in and out but deffiently something is not working properly. It is all stock equipment on the vehicle. Any ideas to get the radio woking again? Thanks in advance for any tips or ideas!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-10, 08:28 AM
If you have a set of spare speakers, might try disconnecting the rear speakers and temporarily connect the spare speakers. Leave them laying on the seat or whatever just for testing.

If that solves the problem, then get new speakers of the correct size/type.

If that does not solve the problem, then you would probably need a factory wiring diagram to troubleshoot beyond that.

Sometimes they stick in bypass relays which cut the speakers off from the stereo and connect to audible warning systems like chimes, etc. Or the wires could go directly from the stereo to the rear speakers...

But next I would connect the temporary speakers directly to the radio and disconnect the rear wires.

That would test to see if it was a problem with the wires.

But to determine which wires are which, you probably will need the factory wiring diagrams. This would be in a factory service manual set of books which you can order from your dealer or helminc.com

Old 08-14-10, 11:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
For starters “OE” speakers are not good quality. Playing them loud makes them even poorer quality. It sounds like the problem could be partially severed voice coils inside the speakers. To confirm this replace both rear speakers with two speakers that you are sure are good. If the problem disappears you found the cause for the rear speakers breaking up.

Old 08-14-10, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Are the speakers in the doors? I see plenty of recommendations to check the wiring loom where it runs from body into the door. That area gets a lot of stress.