Headlight housing assembly

Old 08-22-10, 03:59 PM
Headlight housing assembly

Thanks to a tip on this forum, I economically solved a problem with the left front assembly on my 1999 Jimmy SLT. It started leak and fog a few years ago, but never got to bad to do much about until my wife was ahead of me and asked why one headlight was dimmer.

It was suggested to look/consider Certifit for parts for the car.

I ordered a complete assembly including high and low beams, driving lights, running lights and signals for about $45-$50 plus shipping and it came quickly.

Before getting installing myself, I took my vehicle in my local mechanic in for some maintenance. I had the assembly in the back seat.

When I went to pick up the car, the mechanic asked if I wanted to save box for the assembly he found in the car. He put it in and would not charge for installation because it was so easy and worked perfectly. If I had gone to a GM dealer it would have been many hours and $200 for the assembly plus a minimum of $50 for installation.

The down side is that the mechanic asked why I got it shipped when there is a Certifit tucked in less than 2 miles away from my house. - If I had been smarter, I would have Googled for a local location and saved the shipping cost.

Dick

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-10, 04:27 PM
Are those assemblies rebuilt? Was it "like new" condition?

I ordered a replacement assy years ago for a '90 Civic, NOT from Certifit, and it looked like it was pulled from a wreck and was just about as bad as the one I wanted to replace.

Old 08-22-10, 07:25 PM
It sure looked new and packaged well. All bulbs, etc. and not a problem.

I was reluctant to start the installation, but was in the car and the mechanic grabbed it when he saw it since he knew it was a no-brainer, easy plug in install as a service that probably took at most 5-10 minutes including checking out the operation and functions.

Dick

Old 08-23-10, 03:46 PM
Thank you..........................