Soobies

Old 08-26-10, 07:51 AM
Soobies

I don't see many Subarus in these repair sections.
Are they THAT good?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-10, 09:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Probably an indication of their popularity. As the little old lady said,"whoop de doo for my Subaru".

Old 08-26-10, 09:34 AM
Group Moderator
My old man works at an Acura and Subaru dealer - Subaru's are good but they don't really stand out over anyone else in reliability

Old 08-26-10, 10:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
My stepson used to have a Subaru and got good service out it. He had it for 5 yrs and never did anything but change the oil and tires. It was stolen and then burned the week after he paid it off

I doubt they are anymore reliable than the next one. Pretty much all cars last a lot better now than they did years ago.

Old 08-26-10, 11:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Saw a couple of Subarus on the craigslist for my area today with bad motors or transmissions.

Old 08-26-10, 12:45 PM
(Quote) Saw a couple of Subarus on the craigslist for my area today with bad motors or transmissions.

Ok. Well, are you asking us or telling us? If you’re asking, then I say buy all of them, fix the engines and transmissions and then turn around and sell them. Naturally, in order for this to pay, so that you make money you need to do all the rebuilding yourself. Paying others to do the work just wouldn’t pay for you. So the question is how many decades worth of experience do you have in rebuilding Subaru engines and transmissions? Now on the other hand if you’re telling us, well thank you but I’ll pass.

Old 08-26-10, 03:21 PM
I am not looking at them due to the fact that kind of work is several levels above my level of incompetence when it comes to vehicle work. I am not a professional when it comes to working on cars and do not have the space to do work on that level.