car a/c blowing hot and cold air

Old 08-31-10, 11:35 AM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile car a/c blowing hot and cold air

Hi, my van's a/c blows cold air fine, but intermittently blows very hot air for 10-30 seconds on average. Seems to blow hot air more often when I'm decreasing gas, coasting, or at a stop. took it to the dealership - they recharged a/c, but its still happening. any suggestions? thanks!

Old 09-01-10, 04:29 AM
M
Although it doesn't say what year,make,model, it sounds to me like a vacuum problem. Your blend/air door etc may have vacuum lines running from dash control to various controls in heating/AC system. You should have a main feed from engine compartment going through firewall to control at dash, then it's distributed from there as necessary depending on what mode it's in. Check for a leak, bad check valve in the line etc.

Old 09-01-10, 12:58 PM
S
Do you work on this van youself? If so then you know what the guy said above - sometimes I have to ask for more information because I am not a guru person yet. I have learned more on this site then ever. I will say I have been very proud of the information and what I did with it -

Old 09-02-10, 01:45 PM
Received 24 Upvotes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by username
Hi, my van's a/c blows cold air fine, but intermittently blows very hot air for 10-30 seconds on average. Seems to blow hot air more often when I'm decreasing gas, coasting, or at a stop. took it to the dealership - they recharged a/c, but its still happening. any suggestions? thanks!
Yes, I have a great suggestion. take it back to the dealer and get it fixed right.....

How do you expect help when you don't give make, model, mileage etc ??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: