2001 Catera

Old 09-04-10, 07:27 AM
2001 Catera

Accidently pulled off the wire for the temperature gauge..where in the world does this go????

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-10, 08:12 AM
no offense, but if you know you pulled it off the temp gauge - then it goes back on it?

in case it's a mystery, like i had once on an Oldsmobile, simply go to used car lot, find one of the same kind, and look under the hood. dealers don't mind folks doing this.

Old 09-04-10, 08:26 AM
If you cannot find another Catera for comparison, check out an Opel Omega, since that is what it really is, but with minor modifications and nameplates for U.S. use.

Your 2001 is probably from the last year it was labeled as a Cadillac and then pulled from the market.

Dick

Old 09-04-10, 08:31 AM
I used to work for Adam Opel back then in manufacturing and the Catera is a rebadged Opel Omega MV6. I drove a few of them. If my memory is correct and it may not be, I think it is under the intake mounted in the coolent bridge, between the heads in the back of the engine. The coolent temp sensor for the ECM would also be mounted there I think. Have a look and see what you find.

Old 09-04-10, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by ukrbyk View Post
no offense, but if you know you pulled it off the temp gauge - then it goes back on it?

in case it's a mystery, like i had once on an Oldsmobile, simply go to used car lot, find one of the same kind, and look under the hood. dealers don't mind folks doing this.
Came off when working on something else and didn't know it until I started back up and the temp gauge inside vehicle was not working. No offense taken. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-04-10, 07:16 PM
glad...

we had engine head removed once a newer oldsmobile. then, put everything back together. very cold, rain, job done in the street. well, that sucker had smart ECM. engine won't even turn, unless all connectors are back in place. so, we look under the hood - there's a lose wire with plug, hanging down off firewall side engine.
we spent god damn 1.5 hr trying to locate where it goes to.
pissed beyond any measure.
went down to olds dealership.
you can start laughing NOW.

laughing yet?

was hood light connector. cuz it was hanging down off the wiring braid, we never looked UP. plugged it in, turned the key, out you go.

yes sirrrrr