2ooo astro van bearings

Old 09-08-10, 04:15 PM
2ooo astro van bearings

I have a 2000 Astro van sounds like a front wheel bearing is going bad and is starting to pull to the right but No play in wheel when jacked up tried turning to listen for grinding but don't hear any . Is there any way to isolate which wheel bearing it it thats making the noise as I said its pulling to the right if that tells anything. Also its an all wheel drive. Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-10, 07:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Between the “ABS” on the “Explorer” and now the alleged wheel bearing on the “Astro” it seems like you’re on a “Roll” here Johnny. Before we throw the wheel bearing under the bus, have you “Ruled Out” the most common issues that cause pulling to one side?

Long overdue wheel alignment. (Is tire thread wear even)?
Tire thread separation?
Brake caliper issue?
Bent, broken, or distorted suspension parts?
Emergency brake issue?
Brake pad issue?
Flex hose issue?

To confirm a wheel bearing, get the van on a lift and up in the air. While in drive listen at the “Hub” with a mechanics stethoscope for the defective wheel bearing.

Old 09-09-10, 04:18 AM
Astro

Well what it is is that my wife finally got some time off and these problems have been there for a while and I am just getting to them. I will know a little more this week when I start to look into these issues I am just looking for places to start and I do appriciat all the sugesstion but won't have answers untill I dig in Thanks

Old 09-11-10, 09:20 AM
Thumbs up One down

Well the front bearing finally got bad enough to detect a little play so I changed it. Thats one down next weeek I'll tackle the Exployer abs problem Thanks all