1995 Dodge Dakota Door Panel

Old 09-23-10, 11:40 AM

I downloaded the instructions from the link someone sent me, but applying the instructions left a couple of things unclear. There were supposed to be two phillips screws in the recess for the arm rest, and I could only find one. There was supposed to be a screw for removing the plastic liner around the inside door handle and I could not find any. (this one appears to be a snap in, but I dont want to pull it apart without knowing) The instruction for popping off the interior liner looks like others (just pry out the plastic fasteners carefully)

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-10, 12:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
(Quote) I downloaded the instructions from the link someone sent me, but applying the instructions left a couple of things unclear. There were supposed to be two phillips screws in the recess for the arm rest, and I could only find one. There was supposed to be a screw for removing the plastic liner around the inside door handle and I could not find any. (this one appears to be a snap in, but I dont want to pull it apart without knowing) The instruction for popping off the interior liner looks like others (just pry out the plastic fasteners carefully)

The above speaks for itself. To me, when parts and screws are missing it means that, “Stevie Wonder” or some “Zipper Head” was in there before you. Click on the link below. Hope it helps. Alway's be careful when going behind another person's work. Especially if that person appaers to be an idiot, (as is the case here).

| Repair Guides | Interior | Door Trim Panels | AutoZone.com

Old 09-23-10, 01:45 PM

Let me re phrase myself. There were no screws (or even a screw hole) for the screws that I mentioned that were missing.

Old 09-24-10, 01:37 PM
WML13,

(Quote) Let me re phrase myself. There were no screws (or even a screw hole) for the screws that I mentioned that were missing.

Your above quote changes everything. Wasn't Stevie Wonder. To make holes disappear, the individual who was in there before you had to have been a professional "Zipper Head". Not the ordinary run of the mill type.

Just follow the link I posted and you'll be fine.

Old 09-24-10, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Well...hate to disagree with an old Gyrene (No offense Sam)...but sometimes the instructions don't work. In 2 of my attempts to remove a door panel, following both factory and online diagrams...because of midyear changes (why do they do that!?) the standard instructions didn't work. Once it was a screw not mentioned that you couldn't see til the handle was pulled..once it was a screw that had been eliminated in place of snap-in fingers.

Sometimes you have to go slow and pry and pull til you find the issue.

Old 09-24-10, 06:20 PM
(Quote) Well...hate to disagree with an old Gyrene (No offense Sam)

Understood “Gun”.

No offense taken.

2 Screws missing?

2 holes missing?

Well, missing screws is one thing,

But holes missing?

= professional zippper head to me.

Ooh-rah

Old 09-26-10, 06:58 PM

Well this guy keeps a garbage bag stuffed with a blanket to put into his passenger side window so he can keep the rain out, and then reach in and open the door so he can slide over to the drivers side. I thought I could help him out fairly easily until I ran into this plastic inside door handle trim liner. I hear you on the poking around and prying, but I have never had much luck doing that with plastic parts, especially that old. I can afford to break it, and buy him a new one, but if you knew the whole situation, you would understand why that is the LAST option I want to pursue.

US Army Engineers 1965-1967