2001 exployer abs

Old 09-24-10, 01:42 PM
2001 exployer abs

OK finally got around to working on the wifes 01 4x4 Exployer brakes as I stated in my older post when coming to a complete stop at the very end of the stop the abs starts shifting the brakes around when pulling the fuse no problem so I am pretty sure its in the abs system more than likely the sensor. In my old post "mickblock" replied with a great picture of a sensor and ring I noticed how clean it was so I pulled my sensor looked in the hole and there is a lot of grease on the ring and the sensor my question is does anyone know if that is normal is that ring in the same chamber as the bearing grease Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-10, 04:36 PM
Absolutely Normal....It Sounds as if the Wheel bearing and tone ring are integral, As opposed to the tone ring being on the outer CV joint. The grease you see is Primarily a "Moisture Barrier". Since Grease is not Magnetic, and assuming you have no bearing Issues.....No fear...

The "Green" you speak of concerns me.....It should not be Green ....(As in OXIDATION GREEN)....Green grease is acceptable

Old 09-24-10, 05:41 PM
exployer abs

Thanks for the reply I don't remember saying green but Thanks

Old 09-24-10, 06:01 PM
Sorry....I just read it back, And ....No...You didnt say Green...Where did I get Green?????.....

Anyway...Yes , The grease is normal.

Old 09-24-10, 06:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cracked tone rings are not uncommon on “Fords”. Check it out and let us know.

Old 09-24-10, 07:36 PM
Tone ring

I am not sure how I can check the tone ring for cracks it seems its inside the bearing hub I'll have to look it up online somewhere Thanks for the idea Beer 4U2