How to add Auxillary port to factory car stereo?

Old 09-29-10, 08:53 AM
How to add Auxillary port to factory car stereo?

I have a 2006 Chevy Equinox LT. I am looking for the easiest and cheapest way to add an aux poert to the stock stereo. I have tried using those FM Transmitters, but with all the new HD stations around there seems to be no open channels left. I am open to any suggestions.

Last edited by Otown; 09-29-10 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Mis-spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-10, 09:34 AM
Did you look into an FM Modulator rather than FM transmitters to see if that would be a quick and easy option. The modulators take the antenna feed first and then from there into the radio. This might be a better option than breaking into your radio with a soldering gun and hoping for the best.

Old 09-29-10, 12:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What are you looking to add or run off of the port?

Old 09-29-10, 01:49 PM
I want to hook up either my iPod or iPhone. I was told about this (Scosche FM-MOD02), but I cannot find it locally, Only Online.

Old 09-29-10, 02:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Scosche FM-MOD02 is the way to go for your particular application. Better off buying it online. Cheaper.

Click below.

Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics

Old 09-29-10, 08:29 PM
my experience with fm modulators is very unfavorable. quality is substandard and noise is very distinct. no matter what they promise and advertise, fm is simply not up to par with a cd player or mp3 player.

unfortunately, i do not have a cheap solution for you. there's an expensive one, but allows you to hook up ANY device that can be hooked up via USB port AND install at least 40Gb solid state of specific shock resistant HD into your car system.

of course, that is for music. if you simply want to talk via i-phone, that's different story.

sorry, have to take it back. it's for toyota/lexus only. then again, GM has been in kahutz with toyota for quite a bit. maybe, ask them?
i have V-link.

VLine II - automotive LED fog light (LED light bar)

Old 09-30-10, 04:50 AM
Wow, tahnks for looking into that for me. Amazon is definetley the way to go. Going to order today. Once installed I will let everyone know how well or not it works. For the price, you just have to give it a shot.