UPDATE on vibration for '95 Crown vic

Old 10-11-10, 05:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
UPDATE on vibration for '95 Crown vic

In the process of replacing the pittman arm, center link, and idler arm. Have to get a bigger pittman arm puller from the auto parts store tomorrow. Funny, the one I tried to use was too small and it was for a one ton Dodge pickup.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-10, 07:00 PM
hah... so you have steering of the same design i have on my 00 silverado. g'ol parallelogram design. and yes, i had "death wobble" on it too. idler, driver side hub, and steering absorber fixed it. but it's getting there again. prolly, pass side hub now.

Old 10-13-10, 04:17 PM
Pitman arm puller stripped, so returned it and used the money from that plus a couple of bucks to buy a good grease gun. Luckily friend of a friend had a lot better puller. Car still vibrates a bit, hopefully alignment and new tires cure it. Just waiting for the bonus check from my wholesale club and a new credit card to come so I can transfer balance again. Hopefully, the 3 numbers on the back match their records this time.

Old 11-01-10, 11:45 AM
Vibration is totally gone after 4 new tires were installed. Now I have to use the cruise control to keep away from the chances of that idiotic reckless driving law even though I am perfectly in my lane without weaving.