2001 Mitsubishi Galant temp. control bulb replacement

Old 10-15-10, 03:16 PM
2001 Mitsubishi Galant temp. control bulb replacement

I took the center cover off the radio and temp. controls and removed the screws holding the temp. controls on. I see nowhere on the mechinism how to get to the light bulbs to replace them!!! There are at least 2 lights in there. 1 is still working but the one on the left side is not. It used to come on if you moved the temp. select knob or tapped on the assembly but now it will not. Looks like the front cover would come off if the knobs were removed but them seem to be on there pretty good. I would hate to break the thing over a silly light bulb.
Any ideas how to get to the bulbs?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-10, 04:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Click on link below….Hope it helps….2001 was strange year….Some used bulbs that could be changed….Others used an L.E.D. set up (in other words) electronic display….Remove negative battery cable…. Remove necessary screws that hold cluster....Pull cluster forward….If you see brass strips, then cluster is electronic….No bulbs to change….Clean strips with pencil eraser and electric contact cleaner….Reinstall cluster….If still no lights, then cluster must be changed.

| Repair Guides | Interior | Instrument Panel, Pad, And Dashboard | AutoZone.com

Old 10-16-10, 08:36 AM
Sorry ASE MASTER but you are talking about the dash board lights (there is a song there somewhere) and I am speaking of the lighting for the controls that run the heat, ac and fan. It is in the center of the dash and the radio is above it.

Search this Thread