oil change light

Old 10-17-10, 03:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
oil change light

I have a 2010 jeep wrangler that has an idiotic oil change message
It beeps and flashes 'OIL change' in place of the odometer. It 1st did it at 2400 miles, I followed the instructions and turned it off.... and changed the oil at 3k, again at 6k. We stopped for lunch and when I pulled back onto the highway it started beeping and flashing, all I saw was OIL and immediately looked for the oil pressure gauge which it doesn't have This was at 8100 miles.

Is there anyway to permanently turn this feature off?
Obviously it doesn't work like you would think it would. I know it's just a minor inconvenience [have to look thru the manual and follow instructions to turn it off until the next time].... but I've had a bad day and it bugs me!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-10, 05:11 PM
No, unfortunately you cant disable it.

It IS an Oil life Monitor, Contrary to what I thought when we first discussed this (At least I'm thinking it was you Mark).

"Stop Beating on it...!!! "

Old 10-17-10, 07:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it's an oil life monitor why didn't come on prior to the 2nd oil change
I don't know what dodge puts in them at the factory but I use nothing but valvoline [the regular 5w20 in the jeep] My type of driving is fairly consistent so I don't understand why it wouldn't come on prior to every oil change... not that it's had that many

I know I shouldn't sweat the small stuff. My wife wonder's why some little things bug the #**# out of me when I'll take a catastrophe with a grain of salt

... and that was me last winter, prior to the jeeps 1st oil change

Old 10-17-10, 07:37 PM
Its actually a Mini processor, that takes into account ,# of starts, avg "Runtime, outside temp, and avg rpm.

Your base oil change according to chrysler is 5500 miles.......So a variation between 4000 and 9000 is somewhat normal if you reset the light after the first change.

5500 mle oil change is a crock......3000 to 3500 MAX......Stick with the 5/20....If this is a HEMI, you have no choice but to stick with the 5/20....

Old 10-18-10, 03:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the explanation
It's not a hemi, just a V6. I'm pretty good at keeping the 3k oil change schedule