2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (Warning Lights on Dash)

Old 10-20-10, 08:47 AM
2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (Warning Lights on Dash)

My driver was complaining about noises from the van. When I went to test drive I noticed some warning lights lit up. ABS, ESP and one that looks like a tire. I drove the van and seems to be okay. No vibrations or noises. Stops okay etc... Does anyone know why this is an intermiddent issue?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-10, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Well ABS is antilock braking system, ESP is some sort of stability control I would guess, and the tire probably indicates you have low pressure or a faulty sensor.

No Pro mechanic...but these are all inter-related. Could be a bad connector or wire, an electronics issue, or possibly as simple as low tire pressure?

Some Tire Pressure systems actually measure the rotation of the tires using the ABS....a low tire isn't as large in diameter as a fully inflated tire..therefore it must rotate faster than the others at a given spreed. The ABS detects this and gives the warning.

First thing I would do is set all tires to the cold factory spec pressure and see what happens.

Our Pro's will be around...keep checking back...

Old 10-20-10, 12:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What was the nature of the last repair or service you had done?

Was the battery disconnected for any reason and then reconnected?

Confirm the tires are inflated to manufactures specifications.

Confirm there arenít any blown fuses, circuit breakers, or fusible links.

Confirm all brake lights are working, and that there arenít any blown out taillight/brake bulbs.

Old 10-20-10, 03:10 PM
Well the last service done was back in August for the PM. Battery was never touched, I checked all the fuses and lights. Tires are inflated as well. Once I restarted the van the lights were off. I tried the dealer and of course the lights need to be on before they can put it on the scanner.

Old 10-20-10, 03:14 PM
Lights being off I meant the warning dash lights

Old 10-20-10, 08:00 PM
I tried the dealer and of course the lights need to be on before they can put it on the scanner.
ABSOTIVELY >>POSOLUTELY >>>NOT

ABS/ESP.. And TPMS all store freeze frame data..and historical DTC's

But from experience........Did anyone correct the tire pressure????

ABS/ESP are pretty much a 2 in 1 system. an under inflated tire can invalidate Y.A.W. readings from "Acceleration Sensors" in the Stability control portion of the ABS module..... Causing exactly your symptoms..

Also...A large enough "Mettalic" object stuck in the Tire tread, can make a Heck of a Racket, and also invalidate ESP and TPMS sensor readings.

Old 10-22-10, 09:40 AM
well, still no lights coming on. air pressure is equal in all tires. the driver now has mentioned that the cruise control as an issue. not sure if this is related or not. the van will be on cruise at 70mph and the cruise control will all of a sudden just kick out. he will not be able to re-ingage until he stops completley. also while slowing to an idle around 15 mph or slower he syas the van feels like its running over some rumble strips.