Pontiac Torrent: No heat

Old 10-26-10, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pontiac Torrent: No heat

I have a Pontiac Torrent with no heat. The cooling system is working just fine. The problem is with the heat blend door. One of the pivot points, the one that attaches to the pivot motor, has broken off. How big of a job is it to replace that? It sits above the heater core in the center of the dash. Does the whole dash assembly have to be removed to get to it? Any ideas where I can find an on-line resource for a diagram or instructions? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-10, 06:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by scbmrb585 View Post
Any ideas where I can find an on-line resource for a diagram or instructions? Any help would be great. Thanks.
All Data is one online source I know of. It looks like it is $55 a month to use it. Another option is to go to your local library. Many cases they have access to it or other manuals.

Old 10-26-10, 07:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There is AlldataDIY.com, which is about $24 for a 6 month subscription. I've used them before and it's a pretty good service.

I've changed blend and mode doors without taking the dash out, but you almost have to be a contortionist.

Old 10-26-10, 11:42 PM
There were problems with the actuator pushing the mix blend door too far and breaking it off at the hinge point. This was a particular problem with the 2006 Equinox which is the same vehicle as yours basically. Replacement does require a complete teardown of the IP and is probably something like a two day DIY project. It is very labor intensive on that vehicle. I posted about 1 month ago some step by step instructions I found in regards to a question around an Equinox HVAC problem. I don't have time now to look for it, but it will be in the previous history postings on this site. I would expect that if you decide to have it repaired in a shop you are looking at a $1000 job, almost all in labor. Sorry for the bad news.