Cragar S/S Mag Wheels

Old 10-29-10, 12:26 PM
Cragar S/S Mag Wheels

I am interested in putting Cragar S/S mag wheels on my 1966 Impala SS. However, there are so many sizing specs that I don't really know where to start. The tires on it now are 215/75 R14. I want to keep the same size tires, so I'm thinking I need to go with the 14 x 7 cragars. However, they also need to know the bolt patter, offset, and rear spacer. I'm not sure what to look for on these. Any help is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-10, 05:15 PM
If it's an "SS" & it has the factory wheels, It's probably worth $5000 more to a collector than it will be after you change the wheels.. Any of the Parts houses should be able to look that info up for you,, especially the place you'r buying the rims from, as they should be able to fit their rims to you'r car,, or try another supplier.. The info you ask should be common knowledge to a company that deals in rims & remember if you give them a measurement for something & it doesen't fit,, They may refuse the return on it,,,, Just my thoughts,,, Roger

Old 10-29-10, 06:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cragar 08/61 Series S/S Wheel - Reversed Offset
Size: 14'' x 7''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2'', 4-3/4'', 5''
Rear Spacing: 2-5/8''
Reversed Offset

Reversed Offset looks great on a 66

Old 10-29-10, 08:40 PM
Sam,

Was a Chevy Bolt circle really that much smaller than the Mopars and Fords??

I had Cragars on a 67 Sport Fury, and I vividly remember 5x5.25, or 5x5.5 ?

Either way, Anyone selling you wheels, should be able to tell you , by MODEL MAKE AND YEAR, what will fit and what will not.....If they cant, buy elsewhere.

Now, lets see if I can still get this right.......

Bolt Pattern is the diameter of the circle you get if you connect the dots with all 5 of your studs on the outer edges......NOT CENTER TO CENTER, Off set is how far forward or back the "Supporting web" of the wheel is placed in the circle...Reverse offset, the mounting face is pushed back from the outer edge of the wheel, and forward offset, the mounting face is pulled out toward the edge of the wheel.

Discuss with the tire guy, the practical options of going up to 14x8.....It will remove some of the Bubble from the sidewall, allowing the tire to stand straighter, and "APPEAR" wider..While maintaining the same Tire size designation.

Last edited by Unclediezel; 10-29-10 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-30-10, 03:20 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sam,

Was a Chevy Bolt circle really that much smaller than the Mopars and Fords??

At your service buddy

CHEVROLET
IMPALA SS
OEM Wheel size 7.75 X 14
Bolt Pattern 5X120.7 5X4.75

Old 10-30-10, 08:10 AM
Is there a website where you can look up all of these specs? Thanks for all the info!