Now replacement rack is faulty 2001 pt

Old 11-10-10, 03:36 PM
Now replacement rack is faulty 2001 pt

About a month ago I opened a thread and got my 2001 repaired -- Back in April 2010 I needed a replacement on the rack and pinion ---then in Oct it,too, went bad and the dealership replaced it. Now 3 weeks later again going back to the dealership on Thursday for hopefully this time it will be replaced again leaking--- but any ideas why this would be happening? Oh, also when I checked the power steering fluid, it was actually transmission fluid and yet the handbook states in bold writing not to use trannie fluid ---so why when the rack was replaced do u suppose the dealership used the trannie fluid. What recourse do I have with the dealership than

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-10, 05:02 PM
so why when the rack was replaced do u suppose the dealership used the trannie fluid. What recourse do I have with the dealership than
None....

The ATF-4 fluid used in your P/S system is perfectly acceptable with the "Replacement" units that have been put in your vehicle.

I suspect poor remanufacturing as the rooot cause of leakage, or.....A plugged cooler, which will raise the return pressure to unacceptable values.

You do however have plenty of recourse on a 3 week old rack........

Search this Thread