Body Repair

Old 11-10-10, 05:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Body Repair

Had a little fender bender this morning on the way to work (not at fault).

A little bondo and things should be alright? (Insert sarcasm here).

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-10, 05:48 PM
Wow...Are you ok? What happened?

Old 11-10-10, 06:21 PM
(Insert sarcasm here).
A little "Fender Bender"????? The fender aint the only thing bent there pal.......

Hoping Everyone is safe and sound!!!!!!!!

Old 11-10-10, 06:26 PM
I'm alright considering the damage. Very sore back and neck but the doctors say nothing broken.

Old 11-10-10, 08:59 PM
sorry, bud. unfortunately, get ready. in a day or two, it will kick you like an old mule.

if it's not at your fault (as it looks like someone was going 70 texting and eating sandwich same time), get a lawyer right away. have my word on this. get a lawyer. you'll get free primo health treatment plus lump amount for the future health/employability loss. i know what i'm talking about, we had this done 6 times by now.
they will, most likely, total the car. depending on what you have as insurance, you should and up with a lump amount for it.

but you should not be sarcastic. it's very fixable. buddy has flip shop, gets cars off auctions, it's unbelievable what they can do.

once again, very sorry. keep in mind, don't limit treatment to chiropractor only. the more treatment you get from doctors and hospitals, the more money your lawyer will get for you in final settlement.

Old 11-11-10, 06:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Wow, that looks kind of like my son's car that got wrecked a few weeks back. His has damage like that both front and rear ....... and the driver that hit him was uninsured

His back is still sore but I can't get him to go to the doctor You definitely want to keep up with your medical condition incase the soreness doesn't go away.

How come no one suggested a little sanding and paint

Old 11-11-10, 07:09 AM
fender bender

Dont tell the opposing side you are not hurt,keep complaining of soreness and pain till you get it settled. Been there done that.

Old 11-11-10, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the replies folks. My back and neck are really hurting this morning and I do plan on hiring a lawyer very soon. I could barely sleep last night and kept replaying the accident in my head. I've pretty much been in bed since being released from the hospital.

On the other hand, Happy Vets days!

Old 11-11-10, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Looks like a great DIM project! NOT

Old 11-11-10, 03:22 PM
Glad that you're OK..... +1, give it a day or too and I'm afraid you'll be hurtin'

My Dad is a TV repair man, he has an awsome set of tools.... we can fix it... (Jeff Spicolli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High)

Old 11-11-10, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by HotinOKC View Post
Thanks for the replies folks. My back and neck are really hurting this morning and I do plan on hiring a lawyer very soon. I could barely sleep last night and kept replaying the accident in my head. I've pretty much been in bed since being released from the hospital.

On the other hand, Happy Vets days!
told you. see, i am in health care, so i know this. also, if you do not have support from a good lawyer, the other driver insurance will never pay you long term monies. so, it's well worth sharing his 32%.

folks, no matter what is your insurance budget, always get uninsured motorists/hit and run one. usually, it's pennies, but those pennies paid us entire vehicle worth, when some driver in Nashville took the whole entire side of our Galant off and left with the rear pass side door fascia in his radiator.

hot, i am kidding you not. you have to kick in with HD treatment right away. emergencies, doctors, all that good stuff. if it was not your fault, and you have the other driver insurance info, and will have lawyer - it's a great $$ investment.

Old 11-11-10, 10:12 PM
I skidded in the rain and caused a 3 car chain collision about 14 years ago. Not sure if the laws have changed, but back then you had 2 years to decide if you were hurt or not. I got nailed with a lawsuit 18 months after the accident for an injury that was nowhere near the original injured body pat from the accident. If I remember right, her foot got hurt in the accident, she sued 18 months later for a neck injury which I thought was egregious, but the insurance company ate the $20k she got.

Old 11-12-10, 04:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
My oldest son had a 2 car accident in 1998 where he was mostly at fault. I don't remember if it was a 1 or 2 yr deadline to file a suit but they waited until the last week to do so. Unfortunately this law suit is still unresolved. The date to file might vary depending on the state you are in.

As ukrbyk stated, it's always wise to pay the little extra for uninsured motorist. It will pay if the driver at fault has no [or too little] insurance. My youngest son's last 2 cars were totaled by uninsured drivers My BiL bought his wife the nicest car she had ever had but refused the uninsured coverage and the car was totaled a week later by an uninsured driver.

Old 11-12-10, 06:46 AM
In my state, I think it is required to have that . At least every policy I ever had had it. With the vehicles I have driven over the years, it was not worthwhile to get full coverage.

Old 11-12-10, 06:49 AM
My brother was blind sided by a lawsuit, a woman drove on the wrong side of the road to avoid a downed tree in a storm, she hit my brother head on.. months later she trie to sue for "disruption of menstrual cycle" among other things.... Yep, sad but true! Don't be suprised if you hear all kinds of unbelievable stories from the other party even if they were at fault.

I was in an accident about 6 months ago, a guy on a cell phone crossed the yellow line, missed my truck, totaled my utility trailer. My brother gave me some good advice, take as many pictures as you can of the scene. When the other driver called his insurance and told them that "I" was on the wrong side of the road, the skid marks that were across the white line on my side proved him wrong. As the axle was torn out from under the trailer, the tires skidded and marked it's location.... case closed!

I was also hit from behind while stopped at a red light a few years ago, I went to the Chiropractor a few times and that was it. I really think that these many years later many of my back and neck issues are related to that. Be darn sure that you're 100%.

Old 11-12-10, 10:04 PM
yeah, there's thing called long term loss of employability and health. it is a well kept secret, by insurance companies. they will haggle with you on this and that, pretend to give you generous check, or even a nice runaround. but they keep it absolutely mum about those monies, as they are BIG and shareholders don't like this.
step in mr lawyer. mr lawyer knows little paragraphs of law, and makes insurance company well aware, that he does. also, aware that if they do not pay those monies, lawsuit will be much more costly and monies will grow exponentially.
truly, it is very little work with very much profit. 32% is standard fee. sounds like a lot. but you get your large chunk either, and YOU DO GET IT. our lawyer in TN also helped us with repairs and such.
actually, it's not about lawsuits. it never really gets there. it's about hiring a professional haggler backed up by law. good luck doing it yourself.
but one thing they tell you right away. palliative care does not bring much $$. so, chiropractors and masseuses do little to get big bucks. the harder it looks on treatment, the better it is reimbursed. and every penny related to treatments, plus all reasonable expense related - hiring a cab, or car expense, etc - is reimbursed either. it's annoying and disrupting to do, but it's a good investment. little dedication - much better check at the end.